Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Ce que j'aime c'est...

1. The French:

Last night, my three host sisters threw a huge party at the house.

At one point, I heard music coming from the garden and went to see what was going on. A guy was singing...and playing the accordian.

An hour later, someone was blowing fire in the backyard.

I learned that trying to explain the concept of a fraternity to a French person is difficult. Especially in French, especially at 6 in the morning. 

2. And the Californians:

I went to sleep at 6:30, huddled under covers shared with Sam and Tiffany. We woke up at 10, eating cups of yogurt and laughing hysterically for an hour and a half about things that happened the night before.

An afternoon spent with the girls and Eurotrip, three to a bed again, swapping stories all the while. 

Walking home from downtown Bordeaux with Laura, talking about how every conversation we've had of late is laced with the word "last." As in "last month." As in "I wish this could last forever."

La France me manque déjà. J'essaie de bien profiter du temps qui reste, mais je pense tous le temps à ce dernier jour qui arrive si vite. Je suis pas prête à quitter cette pays magnifique avec laquelle je suis tombée amoureuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment