Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

NYTimes Fashion Diary: The Tribes of San Francisco

Click here for article

"'It’s a very difficult city to read,' Mr. Lopez said, owing largely to the local distaste for ostentation and hype, a suspicion of anything that requires a high-degree of difficulty to pull off and that people spend a lot of their lives in cars."

Not so sure about the whole athleticism thing being distinctly San Franciscan, but otherwise this article is pretty spot-on about all the things I love about this city. It's hard not to be seduced by the everyday style of New York City, where regardless of the day, time, or place, people on the street strut about like they just walked off the cover of a magazine. When I was there for a few short days this summer, I was enthralled by the glamour - partly because it seems so unattainable - but when it comes down to it, San Francisco is where my closet and my heart belong. Now someone give me a plaid shirt and a Mission burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment