Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Also,

What gives us away as Americans is not necessarily our accents, which are pretty strong, but the fact that we speak perfectly proper literary French. Yeah, all that stuff you learned in school? Forget it. You're in the real world now.

Just got back from the Cock and Bull, an English/American pub in the Centre-ville (downtown, literally center of the city). It was a little awkward since none of us had drunk legally/been in a bar before, but I met a nice bartender from DC who used to go to school at Bordeaux. They had football playing on TV and shitty outdated American music, as in Nelly and pre-breakdown Britney. But they have all-night happy hour on Thursdays, which means we will be going back.

Oh and I almost got run over by a tram on the way home. Awesome. I forsee many more occurences of that phenomenon.

1 comment:

  1. Don't ever malign pre-breakdown Britney again, k?

    I'm excited you're learning how to function in a bar. Sarah and I (the only people that are going to be 21 come my birthday) have been wondering whether we should just do our best to ape what bar-goers do on tv.

    ReplyDelete