Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What happens when I stop blogging for 5 days?

Answer: A shitload.

Thus far, there has been a epic storm with gale-force winds, two consecutive nights of walking home from downtown, a delicious fancy pants dinner, free tickets to an Oasis concert this weekend, more liver destroying, a giant French house party, kebabs, soldes, and a guy who stripped NAKED at a bar. There have been classes and struggles to understand French professors, and frustrations, too - academic and otherwise. Tomorrow there is a nationwide strike.

It's all activity here. There's never a moment of pause. Every single day is an adventure. Monotony doesn't exist in France.

I'm too tired now to write anything coherent (today was day 2 of trekking home à pied, or by foot), but tomorrow we have no school because the entire fucking country is on strike. That means no tram drivers and no teachers. Our French friend warned us to stay home - he said there would be demonstrations and cop fights everywhere. Which means I'll be staying home and blogging. First topic: the storm of epic proportions last Saturday.

Except more likely than not, I'll be downtown anyway, taking pictures of cop fights instead of avoiding them. You're only en France once, right?

2 comments: