Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I like the barrrrrrrrrtender

Tonight we went to Fira, the capital of Santorini (unbeknownst to me, Santorini is actually made up of multiple cities). We were just walking along these steps on a hill above the sea and suddenly, there was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen in my entire life. Beyond the crescent coastline was the Aegean sea, interrupted by black islands and a few scattered cruise ships. The sun was not quite setting, hidden behind large, rolling clouds - and its rays were radiating out all around, hitting the rocks and the sea. I can say without a doubt that it was the single most spectacular things I have ever witnessed. Which is fantastic, EXCEPT I FUCKING LEFT MY MEMORY CARD IN THE HOSTEL SO I COULDN'T TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE. So. Upset. Thankfully Kelly had her camera and was able to capture the moment. I'm still recovering from that whole experience though.

Speaking of gorgeous sights, Kelly and I are in agreement that one of the best things about Santorini is Nikolas...our bartender at The Beach Bar, right on Parissa beach (one of the most famous beaches of Santorini and 200m from our hostel). I am going to miss this Greek man almost as much as I'll miss the sunsets. We came to this bar tonight and yesterday, and he was so nice to us tonight even though I shamelessly embarrassed myself (and Kelly) the night before...not putting the story on this blog (hello relatives from China potentially reading this), but it involves strawberries and waving and long islands and me being completely obnoxious, as per usual.

Heading to Naxos on a ferry tomorrow afternoon (15 euro, takes 2 hours). Excited to explore a new island!

No comments:

Post a Comment