1:30 P.M.
AFter running around the airport for almost two hours looking for a flight tonight to Athens, we caved and paid the 67 euors for an easyJet flight tomorrow morning at 11. Here's to the next 24 hours.
3 P.M.
Bookstore purchases: Glamour UK magazine, large fries from McDonalds, and Il Gladiatore.
7 P.M.
Dinner: Big sphere of buffalo mozarella with cured prosciutto, green salad with artichockes. Kelly's eating the same salad and a calamari gnocchi. Not too shabby for cafeteria food.
Kelly: AND BEER!
Lisa: We also have this ridiculous setup going on so we can watch Gladiator while eating. Epic.
8:15 P.M.
A waiter just kicked us out of Ciao, and we traipsed around the entire terminal looking for an outlet. The only one we found was in a hidden nook next to the AirBerlin ticketing counter. We're sitting on the marble counter and maybe spending the rest of the night here; awesome. Also, still drinking my open can of beer in the airport terminal. Awesomer.
9:30 P.M.
It is actually kind of amazing watching the scenes in the Colosseum and seeing the CGI recreation of ancient Rome after having walked through the ruins. Seeing the dilapidated columns and brick walls, it's hard to picture the splendor of ancient Rome, so this is some welcome assistance to my imagination.
10:30 P.M.
Relocation #3: now hanging out next to some Russian ladies upstairs in the seated area. We just moved two rows of seats so we can prop our legs up. This is starting to look more promising.
10:30 P.M.
Kelly: Lisa chugs her flat beer. The man asleep next to us snores in his sleep. OLAA
Lisa: "I don't get it, hola?"
'Editor's note (lol):' seriously does anyone get it?
10:40 P.M.
For about 90% of the people still chillin in this airport, I can't tell if they're waiting for a flight or homeless. Fairly confident that the same confusion will apply to ourselves in about 4 hours.
KF and I have this thing where we both look haggard as well while traveling - running shoes, sweats, unwashed hair in a messy bun. We decided that our one glamorous airport arrival would be into Athens...that one didn't quite work out. IRONY. WE HAS IT.
circa 3 A.M.
My ass hurts, these chairs are NOT adequately cushioned, and this Russian lady keeps staring at me with judgement in her eyes. I'd stick a sweatshirt under my butt but Kelly's got her legs wrapped around my suitcase. Hers is right by me though...maybe I can find something suitable to fix this problem.
A little later...
Now using Kelly's cheetah PJ pants as an ass cushion. RAWR.
6:30 A.M.
Most uncomfortable night's sleep of my entire life. Kelly is seemingly passed out but keeps shifting around once in a while, which makes me think she's actually awake...Here's my dilemma, do I leave her with all our shit and go to the bathroom, or do I wait until she's more awake? Also, I cannot imagine doing this AGAIN tomorrow.
6:37 A.M.
Went to the bathroom. Shit's still here. Sigh of relief. Most of our night-dwelling compatriots are gone, so people watching is less fun - especially when the people you're watching seem a lot less miserable than yourself. Resenting everyone who looks put-together and well-rested.
6:45 A.M.
Kelly just woke up and kind of looks like death (don't hurt me when you read this Kelly).
hahaha there is no way I can dispute the looks like death comment. too true. also I think OLAA was my attempt at some sort of acronym - our life ain't average maybe?
ReplyDelete