Things thought on my way back to SF from NYC:
It's odd that you can share a 4-hour conversation and an armrest with someone on an airplane and never learn their name. And what are you supposed to say to him or her while disembarking? I was transferring in Denver and he was home. "Welcome home" seems odd; it isn't my home, after all.
The Denver airport is miserable. I once had a terrible standby experience here and was in the airport for 12 hours. It's just as bad as I remember - the terminal is literally one long strip that takes half an hour just to get through.
Few things make me happier than a jovial BART conductor. At 12:30 PM after 12 hours in transit (Subway + bus + plane + plane + BART), a "Goodnight, and thank you for riding BART" can somehow make my day.
The Bearwalk van is arguably my favorite thing about Berkeley.
No comments:
Post a Comment